Total Pageviews

Monday 25 October 2010

Stonehenge


Stonehenge is located on the Salisbury Plain. It is a great mystery who built this massive stone circle. Theories include Druids, the Greeks, U.F.O.s and Atlanteans. Although the bigger mystery is why they built stonehenge. Some say it was a sacrificial altar or that it was an astronomy tool, back in the 18th century it was even proposed that stonehenge was used as a gallows.

Stonehenge was built in three parts over a period of 1000 years. The first part was just a mound, ditch and aubrey holes that were dug to make a circle. The second was when timbers were erected systematically all inside the circle. The third was when the lentel stones were erected and the bluestones set up into the Stonehenge we see today.

27 comments:

  1. it is a great architecture when you compare with its time

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a place I really need to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is a guy who built replica of this in his backyard proving that it can be done.. he did it without using modern tools .. just using simple ol' physics and it's laws :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. my granmother has something similar in her bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd like to visit Stonehenge one day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that someday I will see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go visit as well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing piece of history. Thx for the sup, you got mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to visit this place someday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great place to maeka house from :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd never heard that Stonehenge may possibly have been a gallows of sorts!

    Very interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These theory's are all wrong! I built them. There I said it. Mystery solved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's a great mystic place, i like it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stonehenge has always interested me. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just much a destination I'd like to visit one day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love mysterious places like this one

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of the places on my must see list before I die. Always fascinated about it's origins/history.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gotta be aliens man.

    D:

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope to visit this place someday

    ReplyDelete
  20. I visited this place last year

    ReplyDelete
  21. spent summer solctice there last yearm by far the biggest drug and booze binge iv ever attended, lol'd hard and and a good night banging a drum

    ReplyDelete